Thursday, March 3, 2011

Second Grade Sensations



Last month our school had a reading contest. Every team of teachers promised their grade they would do something at an assembly if their grade met their reading goal. We promised our students that if they met their reading goal that we would do a dance and lip sync. Our students went above and beyond their goal. So guess what that meant? We had to put on a show!

We let our students choose the songs, which got them really excited about it. I was super nervous before, but got an instant boost of confidence when the kids started chanting our names. I think it turned out great (especially since we only practiced a few times). I am so lucky to have such a great team of teachers. Kristin and Jen are AMAZING!

Don't judge us too harshly :)


Go to YouTube and type in Second Grade Sensations

I was disappointed in my hula hooping performance. I am not trying to make any excuses, but I should have practiced with that outfit before because I would have realized the belt gets in the way. HaHa.

The other teams did great too! The kids LOVED the assembly. Classic student comment of the day: "Mrs. T, my favorite part of the whole assembly was when you turned around and shook your toosh for us!"

9 comments:

  1. Pretty much you are my hero.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So freakin cute! I loved it! You guys did such a great job! Your second graders are so lucky to have such a fun teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, those were the most awesome dance moves ever. I even had Stanford come watch and he loved it too! You rock Whitney!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely you are the coolest 2nd grade teacher ever. I'm very impressed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. HA HA HA HA HA!!!! Brett and I LOVED that dance! It was seriously awesome! But, it was THE BEST watching the kids react to your moves - they LOVED it! Kids are so darn cute.

    I'm really proud of you, I'm definitely not big on audience performance.

    Thanks for posting - that was a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO CUTE!!! Oh I miss you and Jen so much! That was adorable! You are such fun teachers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AAAAAA!!!! That was so great!! You guys are super fun and it turned out cute. I love that you let the kids pick the songs, they were so excited about it. And the pyramid at the end, priceless. :) You rock, Whitney!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome. Looks like those years of cheering came in handy :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whitney you are amazing!!! I seriously loved that. What an awesome teacher you are. (I wish Tanner was having you next year!)I loved hearing the kids chant "Mrs. T! Mrs. T" over and over before it even started. You are so fabulous. I cannot wait to show the boys in the morning this. They are going to love it.

    ReplyDelete