Wednesday, February 2, 2011

100th Day of School!!!

Yesterday we celebrated the 100th day of school! Only 80 more days to go! I can't believe how fast time has gone by. Thinking back to the first couple weeks I seriously (I mean SERIOUSLY) never thought this school year would end. But now, its amazing that we are over half way through the year. It is so neat to see how much my students have improved since the beginning. I'm actually beginning to think I do make a little bit of a difference. We had a blast celebrating the 100th day of school!
Every student brought 100 objects and we did a bunch of 1oo's activities.
1. Sort your 100 objects (groups of 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) and see which numbers can make equal groups.
2. Roll a quarter 100 times and graph your results (heads vs. tails)
3. Subtraction Game (they are having a hard time with the double-digit subtraction right now. Any suggestions?). Start at 100, roll the dice (blue is tens and red is ones) and subtract that number. First one to 0 is the winner!
4. 100 good acts of citizenship. Each student got 4 leaves for our "citizenship tree" and they wrote 1 good act of citizenship they were going to do on each leaf. We then had 100 good acts of citizenship for the day.
5. They then got to create some sort of illustration with their 100 objects, which I took a picture of and will put in a class book. I put pictures up of some of my favorites.
And of course what is fun without some yummy treats. A bunch of the kids wanted to share their 100 objects with the class. They filled up with root beer barrels, fruit loops, Hersheys kisses, marshmallows, cheerios, chocolate chips, suckers, and gold fish (you notice how I said they right? I wasn't about to put those germs in my mouth haha).





























3 comments:

  1. So fun! I love the different activities you did with your class. In Mimi's kinder class, their 6th grade buddies come in and help them do a bunch of '100' activities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun!! I love all the things you did. How creative. We celebrated last week (Or the week before that??) and Tanner just loved it too. I think it is awesome they celebrate this day at school. And that is means school is over half over...WAHOOO!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a cute little teacher!

    ReplyDelete