Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Tyler's First Trip to Utah

          Last week Tyler and I got to make a trip up to Utah!  I was so excited to go visit since I hadn't been up there since before Tyler was born.  I must admit I had some anxiety about the ten hour drive up there with a six month old, but I must say that he did an amazing job (on the way up at least).  My parents and cousin Katie were such great sports with him while traveling (and I mean GREAT sports, as in singing The Wheels On The Bus one hundred plus times haha).

         There definitely is something special about Utah.  I don't know if it's my fond memories of visiting as a little girl, all my extended family living there, my many wonderful college memories, or maybe the fact that it is where I met and fell in love with Blake but there is something about it that just makes me happy inside.  Blake will laugh when he reads this because I was so insistent on moving away, but I must admit that there are so many things about Utah that I miss.  It was so neat getting to go and visit places in which I have so many memories and getting to share them with Tyler.  Anyways, here are just some highlights of the weekend...
Stop 1: Baker
Stop 2: St. George (He loves Grandpa's chocolate shakes)
Stop 3: Nephi (please don't mind the sun in my eyes ha)
Tulip did such a great job on the drive too!  It was her first time to Utah also, and she loved it!
Last Stop: Provo..WE MADE IT!!!
We went and visited City Creek in Salt Lake with my parents and sisters.  It was absolutely gorgeous weather!  Tyler is so excited for little Ellie to come!  He loves talking to his Aunt Jamie's belly.
He loved the fountains everywhere.  Next year we will have to let him go in his swimsuit to play in the water.
Grandpa was a great babysitter while all us girls shopped.
Multi-tasking haha
The main reason we went to Utah was for my sister Jamie's baby shower.  It was up Provo Canyon at Timpanogos Park.  The venue, decorations, food, company, etc. were all absolutely wonderful!  I can't even tell you how amazing my Aunt Alice is.  She made every aspect of the shower perfect!
Adorable egg in nest soap gifts.
My sister Jamie and Aunt Alice.  Love them both to death!
The Dream Team
Tyler and his cousin Kennedy got to meet for the first time!
Can't wait for baby Ellie to come!





One of the best parts of the weekend was getting to meet up with Jen and Kristin.  I have to say that these two girls are some of my favorite people in the world.  I have missed them so much since moving away, but love that we have been able to have little vacations to see each other.  I can't imagine ever working with two people that I could get along with more.  Thanks for watching Tyler that night Jamie!
The drive home was not as pleasant, but I don't blame him.  Even as an adult the drive is long, so I can't imagine being trapped in a car seat the whole time.
Grandpa "taking care of this" hahaha






The weekend was absolutely perfect!  I loved getting to spend time with friends and family.  It was so great having Tyler meet so many people for the first time.  The only thing that would've made it better would have been to have Blake there!  I can't wait until the next time we get to go and visit!

2 comments:

  1. It was awesome seeing you! You're also one of my favorite people in the world. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun! I am so glad you got to go visit. I have the same feelings as you when it comes to Utah. I love going back each and every time.

    ReplyDelete