Thursday, June 14, 2012

Blake's Birthday Bash

Well I must say that I am pretty proud of myself.  Last week Blake had his birthday and I successfully threw him a surprise party with our families and some close friends!  It was kind of a last minute idea, but turned out great!  I love that we live so close to so many family members (however, we definitely missed all of you loved ones that live far away).  Growing up my family always lived far away from our extended family, while Blake on the other hand got to live close to many of his extended family members.  I love how close he was to his grandparents and other extended family members.  It is something that I definitely missed as a child and feel is so important for Tyler to have.  Thanks to everyone that came to show your love and support for Blake!!!

That day I went to the store and saw the huge luau section and figured why not (cheesy yes, but fun and silly also ha).  We went to town buying Hawaiian decorations.  I have to give a huge shout out to my mom, Jamie, Courtney, and Lara!  They ran around with me all day from store to store helping me get supplies, decorate, cook, and take care of Tyler.  I wish I would've taken more pictures, but here is what I have...

Handsome birthday boy with his apple fritter before work.
There is something wrong when the candles get blown out on the donut and not the cake!
Can't get enough of his Daddy's glasses
Our little family (minus Elby)
It was such a perfect night at the park.  Great idea Dad!
Worker bees.
This picture makes me laugh (Check out Tyler's adorable swim trunks and rash guard that his Grandma Torgerson gave him. Thanks Cindy!).
He loved all the attention he was getting from everyone, including Ash!
It's so fun seeing where Cody is and knowing that it's where Ty will be in three months.  It makes me happy to live so close to Kristi and Blake!
Blake was a good sport about putting on the skirt so I wouldn't be lame all by myself
My little sister is the comedian of the family (thanks Jer Jer for letting her spend your anniversary with us)!
Awesome fruit shark made by Courtney!
The food turned out great (thanks Brian and Dave for doing the BBQ)!
It's so fun having Tasha, Brian, and the boys so close!  We are also so excited that Paige is home for the summer! 
Brynley is about three months younger than Ty. He will have so many cousins his age from both sides!
Blowing out the matches.
We don't settle with just one birthday song, but have to go with two!
I loved when Blake was opening the gifts and all the kids were shouting OPEN IT, OPEN IT!!
It was so nice of Mike, Kim, and their kids to come out after Brielle's pre-school graduation.  Way to Go Brielle!

















It was a perfect day to celebrate Blake's birthday.  Words can't even express how grateful I am to have him in my life.  Blake always puts others before himself, will do anything to make those around him smile, and is the hardest worker I know.  Not a day goes by that I don't find myself laughing out loud because of something he said or did.  I often think back to the day we first met and how my life changed forever.  It's not like I knew he was the person I'd marry right away or anything, but I did know that there was something special about him.  It brings a smile to my face knowing that I am married to the perfect person for me.  Everyday I find myself falling more and more in love with him.  Not only is he the most amazing husband, but he is the most amazing father as well.  I love you Blake!!!

1 comment:

  1. We LOVED getting to be part of your birthday celebration Blake!! You are one wonderful brother.

    ReplyDelete