Sunday, August 15, 2010

We are still alive...

Sorry it has been so long since our last post. Things have been absolutely crazy around here! I start teaching on Wednesday and still have a million things left to do. I never realized actually how much stuff teachers had to do before school started. I am a total To-Do list person, and I feel like lately for every one thing I cross off my list I end up adding 3 more things. It never seems to end. So please keep me in your prayers because I definitely need them!

I feel bad because I never put any pictures up from our trip to California, so here are some of the highlights....


Blake, My dad, Michael, and Travis had a blast at the ESPYS (while I was stuck in Utah at a boring conference)

The also went to the MLB All Star game. Spoiled boys :)

My mom, sister, niece and I got our nails done.

We also took Brielle to the Disney store where she got some sweet sunglasses, sandals, lunch pale, and princess toys.

Dinner at Tequila Jack's in Long Beach.

They love Aunt Courtney!

We love them!

Brielle LOVED petting the sharks at the Aquarium of the Pacific! She kept reaching in so deep that her whole head was soaked ha

This is so Smalls and Bun :)

<3


At the airport waiting for Chad.


Yay for Chad coming home from his mission! We are excited for him to come back up to Provo with us!


Dad's Birthday!!!

All the Donaldson Girls

We went to the beach one of the days! It was such nice weather!

We did a ton of other fun things that I didn't get pictures of :( Blake's family has a lot of really good photographers so sometimes I just let them do the picture taking. It was a very wonderful trip!

8 comments:

  1. I have been thinking about you all week wondering how everything has been going with school. We are definitely thinking and praying for you.

    We LOVED getting to see you guys for the fun California trip. Man you guys packed so many awesome things in. I am glad you got to come for so long. I sure do love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been wondering all week if you were starting or when or what... I kept meaning to text you and find you. SO EXCITING! Seriously, I bet you have a whole roomful of little second graders who are in love with their beautiful new teacher!!

    I'm also glad we got to see and hang out with you guys in California!! I realized after we left that I didn't say goodbye to you and I was sad. I love having you (officially) in the family!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update! It is a lot of work getting ready for the school, especially when it's your first year. You'll be great! I hope you have fun too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such cute pictures! I still can't get over the one of Brielle & the sharks. Funny girl. Good luck & have fun on Wednesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. GOOD LUCK on your first year teaching!!! This is my last week of summer . . . heavy sigh . . and then it's back to teacher meetings and then students the next week. This year will be my 17th year teaching and my 14th year teaching full time. I'm always excited and nervous. Nobody understands (except us teachers) how much work and energy it takes to get ready and then how much time and work and energy it takes during the school year. One of the best books I appreciated in the beginning was Harry K. Wong's, The First Days of School. I couldn't have lived without that book. I highly recommend it. You are going to be a great teacher and the kids are going to love you. Enjoy, enjoy!!!

    Love, Aunt Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. good luck with school starting!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good times! I'm glad we could be apart of that CA trip too. We loved spending time with you! Good luck with starting school. For some reason I thought you'd already started so you'd already been in my prayers. Guess I'll just keep it up:) Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Guys! I can't believe the pics of your sweet rims, and your even sweeter glam shots of you by the car didn't make the cut!!! Anyways it was GREAT to see you, and good luck with the teaching Whitney!

    ReplyDelete