Friday, June 25, 2010

Congratulations Ash!

So this past week I went home to California for my best friend Ashley's graduation from FIDM. I hated leaving Blake for so long, but I was so glad that I got to be there to see Ash graduate. Ash is the most amazing friend anybody could ask for! She is so thoughtful, giving, and kind. I am so lucky to have such an amazing best friend. Ash and I have been friends since we were in sixth grade and I know that we will be great friends for many years to come. Even after we have been out of high school for four years we still talk on the phone every single day :) I love you Ash! Congrats!
Align Center

The graduation was at the Staples Center. It was a packed house in there!

FIDM is the Fashion Institute in Los Angeles.

It was the coolest graduation I have ever been to. I have never seen so many jewels, feathers, paint, pink, and belts in one place (you can see some of it in the picture). Since it's the fashion institute girls really dressed up their gowns and caps. It kept the ceremony very entertaining because we were looking at all the different gown and cap designs the whole time. Ash kept it classy by sticking with the traditional cap and gown (which I liked the best).

Since the stage was kind of far away I had to get a picture of her crossing the stage on the big screen.

The Sourapas Family. Love them!!!


Nana and Papa (basically my second grandparents)


After graduation we went to this really nice steak house called Derby in Arcadia. It was so yummy!

Congrats Ash! I'm so glad I got to be there for you!

3 comments:

  1. That looks like a fun little trip! It's so great to have good friends that you have known for a long time. Over the years they become fewer, so it's great that you guys keep in touch. Also, I think it's hilarious that so many people decorated their caps and gowns. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great reason for a quick trip! It's really awesome to have good friends with a long history. Sometimes it can be hard to keep a friendship going over time and distance, but it looks like you lucked out! And as far as graduations go, I bet that was one of the more entertaining ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah that you got to go!! I think Graduations are so fun. My Mom had emailed me and made a comment about you being with her and I thought what?? I was happy when I heard why you were in town. Fun!! Cannot wait to see you in just a few more weeks.

    ReplyDelete