Monday, June 14, 2010

Meet Joe

So I know I have mentioned a little bit about our new friend, but I thought I would let you all see him for yourself. He just showed up at our door one night. I fell in love right away (I am a die hard cat lover), but Blake was a little harder to convince (He was the opposite of a cat lover). At first we would just give him food and water outside. However, he now has won the heart of the person who matters (Blake) and now gets to come hangout with us inside. Blake is the one who named him. He has three white paws and one black, so Blake called him Shoeless Joe.


He loves cheese. He will sit and beg at the fridge until we give him cheese.


He just loves to come up and cuddle on our laps.






He LOVES Blake.

We don't know what to think about the cat. Blake sometimes thinks he may have another home and is just mooching off all the neighbors, but we aren't sure because he is always so starving and thirsty when he comes. We don't know how long he will stick around, but we sure have fallen in love with this cat!

7 comments:

  1. That picture of Blake and the cat watching TV is a riot! I MUCH prefer cats to dogs (so thank you for not adopting a dog). Although I'm not one to really go for either (obviously... I'm a Torgerson). I LOVE the name though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also the opposite of a cat lover, but that one does look pretty sweet. What a weird circumstance though. You'll have to ask around your neighbors and see if he belongs to anyone. In the meantime you guys are nice to feed and snuggle him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that he LOVES Blake and he is the one who did not want him. Ya, my boys would love a cat or a dog. I am not as nice as Blake though. :) You are nice to take care of him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He will never leave now that you fed him! He is your's forever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. W.T.F! Um I'm pretty sure that possession is nine-tenths of the law, so you guys legally own a cat. As to owning a cat, W.T.F!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL to Brett's comment! I can't believe Blake gave in, but i guess I can't blame him because the cat is pretty cute. I esp. loved the pic of Joe on Blake's lap while watching tv. Classic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha the same thing happened to Kurts Parents. This random cat just started hanging out around their house and would try to come in occasionally. They are cat lovers so would start feeding him and letting him in for awhile. Next thing I knew Franzie (which is what they named him) is a full time pet. So congrats on the addition to the family! Nice thing is cats are pretty low maintenance.

    ReplyDelete