Tuesday, May 24, 2011

BUN IN THE OVEN!

We are going to have a baby!!! We seriously couldn't be happier. I am currently 12 weeks, but have known since I was 6 weeks. It has been so hard not telling our families or friends. It is seriously so exciting and such a relief to finally tell people. Blake and I are ecstatic for this little baby to come on December 6!
I had to go to urgent care because I had been feeling sick and they had asked if there was a chance that I could be pregnant. I totally didn't think so, however there was a slight possibility, so they ran the test while I was there to check. The doctor came back and informed that he had some good news and bad news (instant butterflies in my stomach). The bad news was that I really was sick, but the good news was that I was pregnant. I was in complete shock (a happy shock). I waited a bit to tell Blake so that I could do it in a cute way.
I went to this bakery called "Nothing Bundt Cakes" and got a mini white chocolate raspberry bundt cake and I had a Bun In The Oven shirt made. That night I told him I had a surprise for him. I handed him the cake and this poem:
Here is a "BUN"dt cake just for you,
In honor of our family becoming more than just two!
Yup, you guessed it (I promise I'm not faking),
We have our own little BUN IN THE OVEN baking!
After he read the poem I unzipped my hoodie so he could see my Bun In The Oven shirt.
We are two happy people :)

We are planning on finding out the gender in 3 weeks or so, once we move back to California. More updates to follow...

7 comments:

  1. We are SO excited for you guys!! So excited. I smile every time I think about your phone call on Sunday. It is the happy talk of the family. Whitney, you are so cute and clever how you told Blake. So clever and cute!! You guys are going to be such great parents. Congrats! (I am excited you are going to be living here to have that cute baby too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhh!!! I'm so excited for you! That is such exciting news, you will be an adorable pregnant girl and mom! Congrats Whitney!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so excited for you guys!!! Congrats! I love the way you told Blake too. Very cute. :) It really is a hard secret to keep. I'm impressed you managed to wait 6 weeks to tell everyone. Hope you are feeling well and get to find out the gender soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute are you!? I love how you told Blake. I can't BELIEVE you didn't just tell him right away (I definitely could NOT wait to tell at least my husband!) But seriously good job on the surprise!

    And... Gosh, I am SO SO EXCITED for you! Wow. I can hardly contain my excitement. You two are going to be fabulous.

    But I will say I'm a wee bit sad you won't be living in UTah anymore... but happy you'll be so close to both families!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY! I am SO excited for you two! I CANNOT believe you waited to tell Blake! I don't know how you did that haha. That would probably be so hard! Cute way to tell him though!

    Ashley Sloan

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're counting down the days till you get here :) I'm also DYING to find out what you're having!!! I can't wait for it all. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just had to comment on this post! I am So excited for you guys! Can't wait to find out the gender and meet your little one in December!

    ReplyDelete